Role requirements and responsibilities:
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to work closely with stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with off-shore development (opportunity for flexible schedule will be provided).
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Elicit functional requirements using business requirement document, interviews, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Troubleshoot, in an organized fashion, by breaking down issues into components in order to solve the problem.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Mastery of Python (at least 5 years) in a live environment.
- Ability to design and implement highly optimized, scalable code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.
- Database knowledge, SQL and NoSQL (mainly RethinkDB).
- REST APIs knowledge (exposing and consuming), Tornado Web Server.
- Websockets knowledge.
- Advanced understanding and prior experience with Git (GitHub), CI - Travis, and Docker.
- Solid unit and integration testing culture, Testing frameworks (Tavern).
Nice to have:
- Being able to write into Exchanges (ie cme, Ice) API’s. Also experience using Fix Protocol with exchanges like CME, ICE.