Please note: this role is with LeapDAO - a partner organisation to Status. By submitting your application here, you consent to Status sharing your information with the team at LeapDAO
LeapDAO is an adaptive decentralized organization delivering scalability as global public utility. The organization creates and maintains a Plasma chain to increase the capacity of Ethereum. This will widen the scope of possible Dapps in the Ethereum ecosystem.
The Leap community is passionate about building scalable Dapps and giving them a home to live in. All members are here to grow as professionals and have fun at the same time. We run Plasma chains while posting memes!
The purpose of the Developer Link is to help interested visitors to onboard into the Leap community and start contributing.
This is a part-time role that requires activities on Slack, Github and other channels to communicate with developers.
The Dev Link owns the onboarding-funnel (Trello board as of now) as a domain. In the onboarding funnel the Dev Link tracks the status of potential contributors.
What we expect from you:
- have a strong interest in (and preferably experience of) community management, recruiting, onboarding and generally love helping and connecting people.
- be proactive, self-managed and eager to reach out to new people directly.
- understanding of general development workflow (pull requests, branching etc).
- be ready to be payed in crypto.
Ideally you are also:
- interested in decentralized economy.
- fun and easygoing.
- help new people to start contributing: provide the information how to start, help them find a mentor and a project to work on
- help people interested in becoming partners in a community (hold one of the Holacracy roles).
maintain onboarding funnel up to date: add new people, move them through the funnel.
- regularly report on visitors and onboarding status of each of potential new member on tactical meetings (weekly).
While these accountabilities is a something we have in mind currently, these are not set in stone. You are more then welcome to suggest other approaches how to help newcomers.
- Monthly salary: 500 DAI. Payment in crypto only.
- Also you can propose helpful activities which could be funded through bounties. Everything is possible, be proactive — bend the reality.